PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY TREATMENT THROUGHOUT PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
What Is Peripheral Neuropathy?
Many people suffer with this condition, which can cause symptoms that range from annoying to unrelenting. Some of these symptoms include:
- loss of sensation or feeling
- muscle weakness
- temperature changes
- balance disturbance
An estimated 20 million Americans suffer with peripheral neuropathy every day. Although peripheral neuropathy can occur at any age, it most common in older adults. This condition is increasingly becoming more widespread, and unfortunately many of the current approaches to treating it are ineffective.
What Causes Peripheral Neuropathy?
There are many different causes of peripheral neuropathy including:
- Diabetes – If left untreated, high blood sugar levels will eventually damage the nerves, causing a peripheral neuropathy.
- Alcoholism – Abuse of alcohol can damage the liver which leads to vitamin deficiencies leading to peripheral neuropathy.
- Physical Compression – Trauma from car accidents, falls, sports injuries or work injuries can cause compression to nerves creating a peripheral neuropathy. Other physical causes can include: repetitive motions and unnatural positions.
- Infections – Certain types of bacterial or viral infections can cause peripheral neuropathy.
- Tumors – Certain types of tumors, either malignant or benign, can physically compress the nerves, causing peripheral neuropathy.
- Vitamin Deficiencies – Deficiencies of certain vitamins, including B-vitamins can lead to peripheral neuropathy.
- Autoimmune Disease – Diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus can cause peripheral neuropathy.
- Kidney Disease, Liver Disease and Hypothyroidism can also create conditions that cause peripheral neuropathy.
Determining the exact cause is vital to successful treatment. At Advanced Healthcare, our team of doctors and healthcare professionals perform a comprehensive examination, including special tests such as NCV/EMG (nerve conduction velocity / electromyography testing), orthopedic and neurological testing and lab work to uncover the true cause.
How Is Peripheral Neuropathy Treated?
At Advanced Healthcare, we utilize a integrated approach to ensure optimal results. We employ the best treatments available from physical medicine, physical therapy, chiropractic, functional medicine and nutrition to design a individualized program to provide maximum relief.
If you are continuing to have problems and symptoms and you are not getting answers, then stop being frustrated! Help is available!
Call Advanced Healthcare of the Palm Beaches at 561-232-3553 to schedule a complimentary consultation.