As the temperatures soar and the humidity rises, there are few things less appealing than the idea of cooking over a hot stove. Sometimes in the summer you’re lucky enough to grill, but for most of us, that’s not a reality on most weeknights. Good news! Even though you may think of the crockpot as our trusty soup and stew maker in the fall and winter, it’s also a great tool for making tasty and healthy summer meals for your family, without turning up the heat.
- Bring some culture to your kitchen with this Provençale Chicken Supper. Aside from its international flair, the beauty of this rustic dish lies in the way it incorporates fresh, local ingredients like tomatoes and bell peppers.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian meal, try these Barley, Black Bean and Corn Burritos. Packed with vegetables and grains, these burritos make for a one dish meal that’s meatless but hearty.
- For a family with an adventurous palate, this Curried Vegetables on Couscous recipe may perfectly fit the bill. Combining vegetables with spices and chutney, it packs plenty of flavor.
- Chicken Avocado Soup may sound unusual, but it’s light and delicious. What’s better than that? Maybe the recipe’s five minute prep time!
- With crisp, flavorful bell peppers, and creamy peanut butter, savory Basmati rice, and tart lime juice, this Caribbean Style Pork is a delight for the senses. You’ll love not only the taste of this dish, but also its varied textures.
Sometimes, living your healthiest life means finding creative solutions to every day difficulties. At our clinic, we help our patients to think outside the box, incorporating healthy habits in ways that easily fit into their lifestyles. To find out how we can help you reach your wellness potential and improve your quality of life, call for your free consultation today.