At our clinic, we embrace a holistic approach to healthcare, because we believe that only by treating patients as whole people are we able to set them on the path to optimal wellness. We also believe that the best way to manage illness is to avoid it in the first place. That’s why, in the interest of helping you live your best life, and we offer these tips on how to naturally improve your immunity.
- Supplement, for overall health. There’s evidence to suggest that ginseng, vitamin E, and multivitamin and mineral supplements can help improve your immune system, and even make vaccines work more effectively. In Japan, there is a widely held belief that fungi like coriolus versicolor, maitake, reishi, and shitake are beneficial in supporting the immune system.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep deprivation is extremely detrimental to your health, not least because it weakens your immune system. Strive for at least 7 hours of sleep each night, and don’t make the mistake of burning the midnight oil during the week with the intention of catching up over the weekend; consistent sleep is what counts.
- Take a walk! Just one thirty-minute stretch of aerobic activity, each day, can kick your white blood cells into gear and help you stay healthy.
- Eat a rainbow of nutrients. Vegetables are the foundation of a healthy diet, and the more colorful, the better. Different colored vegetables have different nutrients, so the more variety you consume, the better health you will enjoy.
- Believe the old wives. Some of their tales are true! Chicken soup with lots of veggies helps reduce inflammation so you can get well faster, and an apple a day actually may keep the doctor away. Studies show that soluble fiber, found in apples, nuts, oats, and other such fare, can reduce inflammation and improve your immune system.
- Have more fun! Did you know that laughing, having a positive outlook, and nurturing relationships with others can make you less likely to get sick? There’s plenty of research to show that practicing these happy habits can give your immune system, as well as your spirits, a lift.
Staying healthy is a matter of paying attention to the workings of your body and mind, and keeping balance in your life. We can help you to find your path to optimal wellness, so that you can live the healthy, happy life you want and deserve. Call today for your free consultation, or visit our website for more information.