Physical medicine practices see non-invasive, holistic health care methods as the best approach for patients. A whole-body attitude toward health and well-being ensures that each part of the body is functioning properly, so that patients can live life pain-free.
A key component to non-invasive health care is diagnostic testing. Diagnostic testing allows physical medicine practitioners to be more accurate in their diagnosis of painful conditions. And with a better understanding of what is ailing a patient, physical medicine experts can provide a treatment plan that is tailor-made for the patient.
There are a number of diagnostic tests used in the physical medicine field:
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) – NCV testing is performed to determine the function of the nerves for muscle movements and feeling. This test is used most often when patients are experiencing weakness, numbness, tingling or burning sensations.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound – Diagnostic ultrasound allows physical medicine specialists to produce images of soft tissues, muscles, joints, cartilage, ligaments and tendons to identify and diagnose painful conditions.
- X-ray – X-rays allow physical medicine professionals a glimpse in to a patient’s internal structures to discover any bone fractures or breaks that may be causing pain.
- ALCAT / Food Sensitivity Testing –The Antigen Leukocyte Cellular Antibody Test (ALCAT) helps physical medicine specialists uncover any underlying food sensitivities that may be causing a patient unnecessary and painful symptoms. This test can help professionals determine which changes could be made to a patient’s diet to provide comfort and relief.
- Hormone Imbalance – When a patient’s hormones are not in balance, the body can respond with a number of painful conditions and symptoms. Discovering which hormones need leveling can provide patients much needed relief.
- Vascular Screenings – The cardiovascular system must work in tandem with the rest of the body for a patient to experience overall health and well-being. Simple vascular screenings can provide physical medicine experts the insight they need to help a patient heal from existing conditions, or prevent future health problems.
Physical medicine practices offer diagnostic testing on-site for a patient’s comfort and convenience. To discover how non-invasive diagnostic tests could help with your painful condition, call our office today to schedule a FREE consultation with a member of our team.